Do you have previous remote camp experience? Shambhala Music Festival is seeking for qualified cooks for their kitchen. These are contracts for 2, 3, and 4 weeks. Cooks are responsible for cooking and serving meals to the entire festival workforce. Contracts run varying lengths within the time period of July 16 – August 17 in Salmo, BC. You will be required to stay on-site and previous camping experience is required.
Shambhala Music Festival
Shambhala Music Festival is a premier electronic music festival held annually at the scenic Salmo River Ranch in British Columbia, Canada. Established in 1998, Shambhala has gained global recognition as a transformative music gathering. Thousands of music enthusiasts and artists from around the world flock to this event, drawn by its immersive experience amidst breathtaking natural landscapes. Featuring diverse electronic music genres, the festival boasts multiple stages hosting both established and emerging artists. Shambhala also offers opportunities for music festival jobs, including positions in production, event management, and artist hospitality. Additionally, camp jobs are available for those interested in creating a memorable camping experience for attendees. With a strong commitment to sustainability and fostering a sense of community, Shambhala Music Festival merges the power of music, nature, and collective spirit, leaving attendees with unforgettable memories.
- Free Admittance to festival
- Arrive early and watch the festival come to life.
- Great location for Crew Camping
- One meal per 8.5 hr working shift, two meals per 12 hr working shift.
- Being a part of something special and playing a big part in everyone’s great time.
- Memories to last a lifetime!
- Take directions in food preparation from the Sous Chef & Kitchen Manager/Chef
- Ensure compliance with WorkSafe BC and IHA FoodSafe practices at all times.
- Assist Kitchen Manager and Sous Chef in delivering all meals on time
- Assure all recipes are being followed, and portion size follows SMF standards
- Ensure meals are of highest possible quality
- Food safe certification or equivalent is an asset
- Experience working in a kitchen is required
- Experience cooking for crowds, up to 800 on a 24/7 schedule, an asset
- Previous festival experience an asset
- Strong listening skills and able to take directions
- Excellent communicator with strong organizational skills
- Capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing
- A committed and self-motivating individual
- Superb ability to maintain a level head in stressful situations
- Flexible and able to respond to changes in working conditions
- Comfortable working long shifts and outdoors
- Solid understanding of how a kitchen is run and the operation of various equipment
If you are interested in working for Shambhala Music Festival as a Cook, click here to fill out an application. And mention that you are applying in response to this job posting as a Cook. Please note that only selected applicants will be contacted for the next phase of hiring process.
Have you joined our Exclusive and Private Facebook Group? In our Facebook Group, we post job updates and answer questions you might have, and help you find a career!
We have 100’s of open positions in remote camp jobs. For all open job postings, please browse the website and visit our Facebook Page. You can also use the Search Function in this website to search for any open remote camp job positions.