The Back River Gold Project, now under new ownership, has begun the mining operations in the Canadian Arctic in Nunavut. The gold mining project is currently seeking dedicated mine workers to join its team, offering various operator, technician, and general camp positions. Full remote camp accommodations, flights, and a three-week work rotation in the breathtaking Canadian Arctic.
- Opportunity to work in the heart of the Canadian Arctic
- Remote camp accommodations including meals and lodging
- Flights covered on three-week work rotations
- Competitive combined hourly rates with heavy overtime pay
- Contributing to one of the world’s highest-grade undeveloped gold deposits
Following fly in and fly out mining jobs in Nunavut at the Back River Gold Mining Project are currently available from B2Gold Nunavut.
- Heavy Equipment Technician – Combined regular hourly rate: $61.00, Overtime rate: $91.50
- Water and Sewage Treatment Plant Operator – Combined regular hourly rate: $53.00, Overtime rate: $79.50
- Partsperson – Materials Technician – Combined regular hourly rate: $43.00, Overtime rate: $64.50
- Custodian – Combined regular hourly rate: $26.00, Overtime rate: $39.00
- Camp Manager
- Health and Safety Advisor – Combined regular hourly rate: $47.00, Overtime rate: $70.50
- IT Specialist – Combined regular hourly rate: $43.50, Overtime rate: $65.25
Back River Gold Project
Situated in the Kitikmeot region of Nunavut, the Back River Gold Mine Project spans 80 kilometers of gold deposits, located 520 kilometers north of Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. Acquired by B2Gold for $1.1 billion, this project holds a prestigious position as one of the globe’s highest-grade undeveloped gold deposits in Canada.
Due to its remote location and extreme Arctic climate, applicants should be prepared to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions. The project offers chartered flights from various Canadian flight hubs for the convenience of its workforce.
The Back River Gold Project boasts a comprehensive equipment fleet, including:
- D6‐D8 dozers
- 200‐349 track hoes
- 730 articulated rock trucks
- 775 haul trucks
- 14H‐14M graders
- Crusher screening units
For those interested in one of the mining jobs at the Back River Gold Project with B2Gold Nunavut, follow the corresponding links to fill out an application and submit your resume and other documents.
Applicants are encouraged to be aware that B2Gold Nunavut may share application materials with mining contractors for current and upcoming positions. Your application material will also be retained on file for future vacancies within the next 6-12 months. By applying, candidates give consent for their information to be considered by both B2Gold and their mining contractors.
- Heavy Equipment Technician
- Water and Sewage Treatment Plant Operator
- Partsperson – Materials Technician
- Camp Manager
- Health and Safety Advisor
- IT Specialist
Have you joined our exclusive and private Facebook Group? In our Facebook Group, we post camp job updates, answer any questions you might have, and help you find a remote camp job in the oil, gas, mining or construction industry!
We have hundreds of open positions in remote camp jobs in Canada and the United States. For all open job postings, please browse the website and visit our Facebook Page and Twitter. You can also use the search function on this website to look for any available job positions in oil, gas, pipeline, mining, and construction projects.