General camp helpers and workers are needed for remote workforce camps in Manitoba. Remote camp accommodations including meals and lodging provided during your work rotation. Travel from Winnipeg area covered as well for remote camp workers.
Summit Camps is seeking general remote camp workers for their operations in various remote locations across the province of Manitoba.
As a general camp helper, you will be assisting with many different area of remote camp operations. This could include supporting remote camp kitchen and catering needs as well as cleaning and stocking the kitchen. You will also help out with cleaning of the guest rooms at remote camps or general and shared space.
This is a great opportunity with great pay and benefits. You will also be gaining remote camp experience to advance your career within the industry.
Qualification for this position include following.
- Food Safety Certification preferred
- Experience working in a camp (preferred)
- Must be able to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to employment
- Must be able to work and live in remote camp environment for up to 4 weeks at a time
- Summit Camps seeks personal with following personal attributes and skills.
- Highly motivated to create a safe, clean and well-organized environment for clients and staff
- Positive, flexible and professional attitude at all times
- Capable of working as part of a closely knit team
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organization and time management skills
- Reliable, punctual, consistent
- Professional image with good personal hygiene
- Must be able to lift, move, push, pull, and carry up to 30 lbs
- Good physical stamina; capable of working long hours on your feet
- Must be able to live in a remote camp environment for up to 4 weeks at a time
Responsibilities for the general camp helpers include but not limited to the following.
- Practice safe work procedures and rectify and/or report any safety hazards immediately
- Assist with unloading and proper storage of grocery orders
- Assist with dish washing and kitchen cleanup as needed
- Clean, sanitize and organize kitchen and dining areas, including sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning tables, chairs, counter tops, appliances, etc.
- Stock dining and kitchen areas daily
- Ensure all daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning tasks are completed
- Assist with food service, preparation and storage as required
- Cleaning guest rooms and common areas of the camp – laundry, changing linens, washing/wiping, vacuuming, sweeping & mopping, cleaning bathrooms, removing garbage, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
General remote camp helper is a full time position which could have three to four week rotations at a time with 12 hour work days. Pay is $16.50 per hour which could depend on the prior experience you have.
Summit Camps offer following benefits to their employees after a probationary period.
- Commuter benefits
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
If you are interested in applying as a remote camp general helper with Summit Camps, click here to apply.
Have you joined our exclusive and private Facebook Group? In our Facebook Group, we post camp job updates, answer any questions you might have, and help you find a remote camp job in the oil, gas, mining or construction industry!
We have hundreds of open positions in remote camp jobs in Canada and the United States. For all open job postings, please browse the website and visit our Facebook Page and Twitter. You can also use the search function on this website to look for any available job positions in oil, gas, pipeline, mining, and construction projects.