Immediate openings for general equipment operators for a construction project at the IAMGOLD Côté Gold Mine Project in Ontario. Full remote camp accommodations including meals and lodging on 14 days on and 14 days off work rotations, and 10 hour workdays. Industry competitive pay, ranging from $27.00 to $36.00 per hour, depending on their experience and qualifications. After completing a 3-month probationary period, employees gain access to comprehensive healthcare and dental coverage.
- 14/14 rotational work schedule for a balanced lifestyle
- Competitive hourly rates with salary ranging from $27.00 to $36.00
- Comprehensive healthcare and dental coverage after the probationary period
- Bagged lunches and sit-down breakfast and supper provided
- Dormitory-style remote camp accommodations with a small gym
- Employee transportation from Timmins or Sudbury to the mine site
As an equipment operator at the IAMGOLD Côté Gold Mine Project, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Service work, renovations, and new construction
- Snow removal and road maintenance
- Operating a Grader and other heavy equipment
- Skilled manual labor in construction, renovations, or concrete work
- Cleaning and preparing the worksite
- Operating various hand and power tools for project completion
- Fueling machinery and dewatering the site
- Material handling
- Assisting carpenters and other team members as needed
Education, qualifications. and other requirements include,
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Valid grader and heavy equipment operator ticket is necessary
- Preferred minimum of 2-3 years’ experience
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Machinery operation experience is an asset
- G Class Driver’s license with a clean driving record (abstract required if hired)
- Familiarity with OHSA regulations and compliance with the Site Safety plan and rules
IAMGOLD Côté Gold Project
Situated in the Sudbury District of Ontario, Canada, the IAMGOLD Côté Gold Project represents a significant venture in the gold mining industry. Located approximately 25 km southwest of Gogama, 125 km southwest of Timmins, and 175 km northwest of Sudbury, it enjoys year-round accessibility via Highway 144, just 5 km east of the project site. The project is operated as a joint venture, with 60% ownership by IAMGOLD and 40% by Sumitomo Metal Mining.
Flying Post Camp and Logistics (FPCL), a well established name in Sudbury and Timmins, FPCL specializes in constructing remote workforce housing, modular accommodations, and site services for the remote work camp industry. FPCL is currently completing the construction project for the IAMGOLD Côté Gold Project.
If you are interested in the equipment operator positions at the IAMGOLD Côté Gold Mining Project with Flying Post Camp and Logistics, please follow the corresponding links to apply.
Please note that due to the volume of applications, only selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Have you joined our exclusive and private Facebook Group? In our Facebook Group, we post camp job updates, answer any questions you might have, and help you find a remote camp job in the oil, gas, mining or construction industry!
We have hundreds of open positions in remote camp jobs in Canada and the United States. For all open job postings, please browse the website and visit our Facebook Page and Twitter. You can also use the search function on this website to look for any available job positions in oil, gas, pipeline, mining, and construction projects.