Virtual hiring event for construction and mining heavy equipment operators in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan is taking place on September 8th, 2022 from 9 am to 4 pm. Scroll below to schedule your interview.
Virtual interviews help employers connect with job seekers when they’re not in the same physical location. Since hiring is a human process, employers would like to talk with you online (chat, video, or phone) to see if you meet the requirements for the job.
Morgan Construction is looking for operators looking to improve their skills while running some of the best equipment in the industry. Morgan Construction works on highways, tank terminals, rail terminals and municipal jobs. Currently they handle large volume of projects in mine construction, mine reclamation and soil salvage, highway construction or resource road construction.
Why join Morgan Construction?
- Paid vacation
- Competitive wages
- Dynamic team environment
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Labour Market Adjustment – additional $5.00 per hour
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proven experience stripping overburden, stacking, stockpiling and reclamation in an active mine site
- Able to identify hazards on sites and complete JSA’s and hazard analysis.
- Able to operate large mine size equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Driving on mining roads in wet and frozen conditions
- Able to shovel out equipment tracks
- Inspect equipment, such as tires, fluids, lights, brakes to ensure equipment is fully functional and safe for operating
- Must have at least 3 years of experience operating on equipment on civil mining construction scopes.
- Experience as a Heavy Equipment Operator running mine size gear ( D10 dozers, 349 excavators etc.)
- Must have (or be willing and able to obtain) CSTS-09/ OSSA Regional or BSO or CSO, Standard First Aid Level C, H2S Alive, Ground Disturbance Level 2, Bear Awareness (in class).
- Required to work outside under all weather conditions and handle noise and vibrations.
- Must have own Safety boots -Requirement is 6″ lace up steel toed (CSA Approved).
- Must be able to repetitively lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to work up to 12 hours a day.
- Must have valid drivers license with 3 year clean abstract.
- Alcohol, Drug and fit to work testing is a pre-employment requirement.
- Willingness to work in in the FT McMurray area and live-in remote camps, working on a rotational schedule
Details regarding Virtual Interview
The interview will take place directly on Indeed so you won’t need to download anything. Follow links below to schedule your interview on Indeed. Each candidate will have their own time slot.
Please have your resume ready to send the day of the interview.
Date and time: September 8th, 2022 from 9am to 4pm (Mountain Daylight Saving Time)
Estimated duration: 30 minutes
After signing up, you will be sent an email with instructions on how to connect to the virtual interview.
Please be prepared to join the virtual interview from a quiet place using a desktop or mobile device with a working speaker, microphone, and camera. Check to see if your network connection can support an online session. A plugged in ethernet cable or a strong WiFi network signal will help avoid time delays during your conversation.
Have you joined our exclusive and private Facebook Group? In our Facebook Group, we post camp job updates, answer any questions you might have, and help you find a remote camp job in the oil, gas, mining or construction industry!
We have hundreds of open positions in remote camp jobs in Canada and the United States. For all open job postings, please browse the website and visit our Facebook Page and Twitter. You can also use the search function on this website to look for any available job positions in oil, gas, pipeline, mining, and construction projects.