This is a great opportunity for camp job seekers in Alberta’s oil sands operations. Entry level labourers with no prior experience are needed for a project at the Suncor Firebag site in Wood Buffalo. Great pay rates and benefits including full remote camp accommodations and flights from various flight hubs are provided for two week compressed work rotations.
- 14 days on, 14 days off work rotation
- Complete remote camp accommodations, including meals and lodging
- Flights provided from Edmonton, Calgary, and Saskatoon
- Competitive industry pay rates
- Vacation pay at 6%, paid bi-weekly upon start date
- Health & Dental, Long-Term Disability Benefits (eligible after 3 months of continuous service)
- Employer-paid insurances
- Registered Pension Plan (RPP) with company matching
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Program
As a labourer, you’ll perform unskilled labour across all phases of operations at the Suncor Firebag site under the direct supervision of the shift supervisor.
Qualifications for labourers include the following.
- No previous experience necessary (Preferred experience in road construction or maintenance)
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License is a must
- Ability to provide a clean driver’s abstract
- CSTS and OSSA Regional Orientation or OSSA BSO (Basic Safety Orientation before December 31, 2018) or CSO (Common Safety Orientation after January 1, 2019)
- Ability to lift 50 pounds or more
- Safety-conscious attitude
- Willingness to train on skid steer, sanding units, articulating trucks, packers, etc.
- Must be willing to work in fluctuating climates (hot, cold, wet) and environmental conditions
- Fluency in English (speaking, reading, and writing)
- Comfortable working near water
- Ability to pass a Drug and Alcohol test and Fit for Duty test
If you have any of these additional beneficial training, they will be considered as an asset.
- Forklift Certificate
- Heavy Equipment Certificate
- Class 1 Driver’s License
- WHMIS 2015
- First Aid Certification
- TDG (Transportation of Dangerous Goods)
- OSSA Confined Space Entry and Monitor
- Ground Disturbance
- H2S Alive
- Chainsaw Certification
Suncor Firebag, situated 120 kilometers northeast of Fort McMurray, produces up to 215,000 barrels of oil a day, making it Suncor’s largest in situ operation. The site boasts around 600 wells and welcomes a workforce that flies in from across the country.
Firebag’s five cogeneration units generate approximately 425 MW of low-GHG, low-cost electrical power. Excess power is provided to Alberta’s electricity grid, reducing the province’s carbon intensity.
Headquartered in Fort McKay, Alberta, the Bouchier Group is a key player in the Athabasca Oil Sands region. With an extensive fleet of over 350 equipment units and a dedicated workforce of more than 800 employees, Bouchier offers comprehensive services to the oil sands industry, including site maintenance, civil construction, and contract mining. The company proudly supports operations at the Suncor Firebag site.
If you’re interested in fly-in and fly-out remote camp jobs in Alberta as a labourer at Suncor Firebag, follow the link to the application process with the Bouchier Group.
Note that only selected candidates will be contacted for the next phase of hiring process.
Have you joined our exclusive and private Facebook Group? In our Facebook Group, we post camp job updates, answer any questions you might have, and help you find a remote camp job in the oil, gas, mining or construction industry!
We have hundreds of open positions in remote camp jobs in Canada and the United States. For all open job postings, please browse the website and visit our Facebook Page and Twitter. You can also use the search function on this website to look for any available job positions in oil, gas, pipeline, mining, and construction projects.