This employment opportunity is for remote camp construction labourers, heavy equipment operators and scaffolders. The project is located near Kitimat, British Columbia. Remote camp accommodations and flights to Kitimat is provided from flights hubs located throughout Alberta and British Columbia.
BC Works Rio Tinto Operation based near Kitimat in British Columbia. JVD Installations Inc. is a provider of skilled labor services within the turnaround, maintenance, and capital projects industry in Western Canada.
The general work rotation is full time work which runs two weeks at a time with one week off. Transportation for local residents provided through designated pick up points. Non local residents will be provided with charter flights from following flight hubs.
- Prince George
Responsibilities include following.
- Load, unload, and transport construction materials and equipment, including scaffold gear equipment and materials.
- Assist equipment operators with spotting.
- Complete daily paperwork and participate in toolbox talks.
- Promote, execute, and adhere to the company’s safety program.
- Attend daily and weekly safety meetings and inspections.
- Other duties as required.
Job Requirements include following.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an industrial construction setting
- Experience equipment spotting is an asset.
- Experience loading and unloading materials from trucks and equipment is an asset.
- Experience snow clearing and executing site cleanup.
- Committed to working in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to work outdoors in physically demanding conditions.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Excellent problem-solving skills required.
- Good analytical ability and manual dexterity.
- Successful candidates are required to have valid driver’s license with clean driver’s abstract.
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing.
If you are interested in applying for scaffolder labourer position mentioned above with JVD Installations Inc, click here (link1, link 2) to apply. Heavy Equipment Operators apply here. Then fill out the application form and upload your resume and other documents.
Have you joined our exclusive and private Facebook Group? In our Facebook Group, we post camp job updates, answer any questions you might have, and help you find a remote camp job in the oil, gas, mining or construction industry!
We have hundreds of open positions in remote camp jobs in Canada and the United States. For all open job postings, please browse the website and visit our Facebook Page and Twitter. You can also use the search function on this website to look for any available job positions in oil, gas, pipeline, mining, and construction projects.