Oilfield ground labourers for the oil sands mining operations at the Syncrude Aurora site in Wood Buffalo, Alberta’s Athabasca region. With remote camp accommodations and flights provided, along with a chance to join the International Union of Operating Engineers Local 955, this role offers unmatched advantages for oil sands workers in Alberta.
- 14-day on, 7-day off rotation (both day and night shifts)
- Full remote camp accommodations including meals and lodging
- Fly in and fly out from Edmonton or Calgary to Fort McMurray provided
- Bus transportation from Fort McMurray
- Overtime opportunities after completing 8 hours/day or 44 hours/week
- Potential to earn up to 61 hours of overtime within a 14-day rotation
- Earnings up to $35.34/hour, combined
- Allocation of vacation and Statutory Holiday pay to each paycheck
- Night shift premium of +$1.20/hour
- Consistent weekly pay
- Opportunity to become a member of one of North America’s largest IUOE locals
- Eligibility for benefits and pension after accumulating 400 hours, including medical and dental coverage
Syncrude Aurora Oil Sands Project
Situated in the heart of Alberta’s Athabasca Oil Sands region, Syncrude Aurora stands as a pivotal undertaking within the province’s energy landscape. This expansion initiative, led by Syncrude Canada, represents a forward-looking approach to bitumen production. By incorporating advanced extraction techniques and operational refinements, Syncrude Aurora seeks to not only boost bitumen production capacity but also address environmental aspects associated with the oil sands industry. As a notable player in Canada’s energy sector, Syncrude Aurora demonstrates a commitment to responsible resource development while contributing to the nation’s energy needs.
North American Construction Group (NACG) has proudly stood as an industry leader in the heavy construction and mining sectors for over six decades. With a strong commitment to innovation, safety, and environmental stewardship, NACG is synonymous with excellence, reliability, and delivering on promises.
As an Oilfield Ground Labourer, you will engage in a range of duties including:
- Efficiently steam cleaning equipment when required
- Conducting snow removal around the shop and front parking lot during seasonal needs
- Operating fork trucks for relocating parts and other materials
- Utilizing company vehicles to collect and transport requested items
- Adhering rigorously to all company, client, and legislated safety protocols
- Appropriately employing safety equipment and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Thoroughly reviewing safe work plans and hazard assessments before task commencement
In order to qualify as a oilfield labourer, you must have,
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a labourer role
- At least 1 year of previous mine experience
- Physical fitness for lifting up to 50 lbs and functioning outdoors
- A steadfast commitment to safety
- Exceptional attentiveness and adept listening skills
- High school diploma, GED, or post-secondary education (an asset)
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- CSO and Silica Awareness certifications
You must also be able to successfully pass various pre-employment tests, including Breath Alcohol, Urine Drug, Fitness-to-Work Health Assessment, Audiometric, and Vision Screening.
Upon selection, you will be guided through the onboarding process, which typically spans 3-8 business days, including pre-employment testing, paperwork submission, and orientation scheduling.
If you are interested working as an fly in and fly out remote camp oilfield ground labourer at the Syncrude Aurora oil sands site, submit your application including your resume and other documents via NACG’s user-friendly online application platform here.
Have you joined our exclusive and private Facebook Group? In our Facebook Group, we post camp job updates, answer any questions you might have, and help you find a remote camp job in the oil, gas, mining or construction industry!
We have hundreds of open positions in remote camp jobs in Canada and the United States. For all open job postings, please browse the website and visit our Facebook Page and Twitter. You can also use the search function on this website to look for any available job positions in oil, gas, pipeline, mining, and construction projects.