Immediate hiring remote camp construction labourers for a construction project at the IAMGOLD Côté Gold Mine Project in Ontario. This opportunity offers 14 days on and 14 days off work rotations with 10-hour workdays, providing a balanced work-life experience. A competitive salary ranging from $20.00 to $30.00 per hour is offered, contingent on experience and qualifications. Additionally, after successfully completing a 3-month probationary period, employees gain access to comprehensive healthcare and dental coverage.
- Meal provisions include bagged lunches and sit-down breakfast and supper
- Room and board provided by the employer
- Dormitory-style accommodations complex with a small gym
- Employee transportation via bus from Timmins or Sudbury to the mine site
Key responsibilities for the remote camp labourers at the IAMGOLD Côté Gold Mine Project includes the following.
- Undertake service work, renovations, and new construction tasks
- Participate in snow removal and road maintenance activities
- Proficiency in equipment operation is advantageous
- Execute manual labor tasks as directed by supervisors
- Maintain and prepare the worksite for various projects
- Utilize a range of hand and power tools to achieve project objectives
- Support machinery fueling and site dewatering efforts
- Facilitate material handling and transfer temporary structures such as scaffolding
- Collaborate on-site with other tradespersons like carpenters, welders, and painters
Education and qualifications required for the labourers include,
- High School Diploma or GED is mandatory
- Possession of valid equipment operation certifications is a bonus
- Preferred 2-3 years of relevant work experience
- Strong communication skills are essential
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Familiarity with machinery operation is advantageous
- G Class Driver’s license with a clean driving record (abstract required upon hiring)
- Familiarity with OHSA regulations and strict adherence to the Site Safety plan and rules is expected
IAMGOLD Côté Gold Project
Located in the District of Sudbury, Ontario, Canada, the IAMGOLD Côté Gold Project represents a significant undertaking in the gold mining industry. It’s situated approximately 25 km southwest of Gogama, 125 km southwest of Timmins, and 175 km northwest of Sudbury, with year-round accessibility via Highway 144 which runs north-south 5 km to the east of the project site. The project is operated under a joint venture ownership, with 60% held by IAMGOLD and 40% by Sumitomo Metal Mining.
Flying Post Camp and Logistics (FPCL), a well-regarded name in Sudbury and Timmins, specializes in constructing remote workforce housing, modular accommodations, and site services for the remote work camp industry. FPCL is currently in the process of completing the construction project for the IAMGOLD Côté Gold Project.
If you are interested in labourer positions for the IAMGOLD Côté Gold Mining Project with Flying Post Camp and Logistics, follow the corresponding links to apply.
Note that due to the volume of applications, only selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Have you joined our exclusive and private Facebook Group? In our Facebook Group, we post camp job updates, answer any questions you might have, and help you find a remote camp job in the oil, gas, mining or construction industry!
We have hundreds of open positions in remote camp jobs in Canada and the United States. For all open job postings, please browse the website and visit our Facebook Page and Twitter. You can also use the search function on this website to look for any available job positions in oil, gas, pipeline, mining, and construction projects.