Well-paying oil and gas sector remote camp jobs in Alberta with the Suncor Fort Hills Oil Sands Mining Operation. Immediate openings are available for Utility Heavy Equipment Operators, including those proficient in operating excavators, loaders, dozers, graders, water trucks, snow plows, and other essential equipment. 7/7 work rotation, comprehensive benefits, and covered flights to and from Edmonton and Calgary Suncor flight hubs.
- 7/7 work rotation for a balanced lifestyle
- Remote camp accommodations, including meals and lodging
- Flights provided to and from Edmonton and Calgary Suncor flight hubs
- Competitive industry wages and vacation pay
- Comprehensive health, dental, and benefits package
- Registered Pension Plan (RPP) with company matching
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
As a Utility Heavy Equipment Operator at Suncor Fort Hills Oil Sands Mining Operation, your primary responsibility is to operate heavy equipment safely and efficiently. This includes various equipment such as excavators, loaders, dozers, graders, water trucks, snow plows, and more. Maintenance and securing of equipment, as required by legislation and company policies, are also part of your duties. On occasion, you may be asked to perform laborer duties.
- Proficiently operate all assigned heavy equipment
- Maintain a clean and safe interior of equipment
- Conduct daily pre-operational checks and log any necessary information
- Perform routine equipment greasing and maintenance
- Ensure proper safety equipment is in place
- Communicate equipment repair needs to maintenance personnel
- Collaborate effectively with customers and fellow employees
- Participate in safety assessments and meetings
- Perform additional duties as directed by the Site Superintendent
To be considered for these positions, you must meet the following education and experience requirements:
- 2-5 years of Heavy Equipment operation experience, including GPS systems
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license (Class 1 or 3 preferred)
- Ability to lift and pull up to 50 lbs
- Willingness to work in all weather conditions and perform shift work
- Safety-conscious attitude
- Relevant safety certifications, including CSTS, OSSA Regional Orientation, WHMIS 2015, TDG, OSSA Confined Space Entry and Monitor, Ground Disturbance, First Aid, and H2S Alive
- Ability to pass Drug & Alcohol and a Fit for Duty Test
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
Suncor Fort Hills Oil Sands Mining Project
Located approximately 90 kilometers north of Fort McMurray, Suncor’s Fort Hills Mining Operation is a cornerstone of Alberta’s oil sands sector. Employing state-of-the-art techniques, this open-pit truck and shovel mine extracts oil sands resources. Committed to sustainability, environmental protection, and community engagement, Suncor envisions an impressive operational life expectancy of nearly 50 years.
Bouchier, a diversified general contractor, offers integrated Civil Contracting and Facility Services construction to the energy and construction sectors in Alberta. With a vast fleet of over 350 pieces of equipment and a team of more than 800 skilled workers, Bouchier operates from its headquarters in Fort McKay.
If you’re interested in working as a Heavy Equipment Operator at Suncor Fort Hills with Bouchier, please follow the provided links to apply. Bouchier is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their applications.
Note that only selected candidates will be contacted for further assessments.
Have you joined our exclusive and private Facebook Group? In our Facebook Group, we post camp job updates, answer any questions you might have, and help you find a remote camp job in the oil, gas, mining or construction industry!
We have hundreds of open positions in remote camp jobs in Canada and the United States. For all open job postings, please browse the website and visit our Facebook Page and Twitter. You can also use the search function on this website to look for any available job positions in oil, gas, pipeline, mining, and construction projects.