Fly in and fly out mining jobs in Northwest Territories with remote camp accommodations. Diavik Diamond Mine, a joint venture between Rio Tinto and Dominion Diamond Mines, is hiring for entry level haul truck operators for their underground mining operations. This is a great opportunity for entry level heavy equipment operators work and gain experience in a major mining operation in Canada. Fly-in and fly-out rotational work schedule with remote camp accommodations, and contribute to the production of exceptional gem-grade diamonds.
- Entry-level haul truck operator positions
- Two weeks on, two weeks off work rotation
- 12-hour shifts with alternating night and day schedules
- Fly-in and fly-out travel to the Lac de Gras mine site
- Full remote camp accommodations including meals and lodging
- Opportunities to operate underground haul trucks
- Focus on safety and hazard identification
- Basic equipment maintenance responsibilities
- Supportive and collaborative team environment
Requirements for the entry level haul truck operators for the Diavik Diamond Mine include the following.
- Strong safety mindset
- Previous work experience in equipment operation is a plus
- Completion of a Heavy Equipment Operators course is considered an asset
- Valid Driver’s License
- Willingness to work in an underground mining environment
- Proficiency in reading and understanding manuals and written instructions
- Ability to take initiative and work both independently and as part of a team
Diavik Diamond Mine
Diavik Diamond Mine, established in 2003, is located in the remote Lac de Gras region of Canada’s Northwest Territories. It is a renowned joint venture between Rio Tinto and Dominion Diamond Mines, known for its production of exceptional gem-grade diamonds. The mine utilizes advanced open-pit truck and shovel techniques while prioritizing environmental stewardship, wildlife monitoring, and sustainable water management practices.
Rio Tinto is a global mining company operating in 35 countries. Their mission is to provide the essential materials needed for the global energy transition, all while adhering to stringent environmental, social, and governance standards. Rio Tinto is committed to diversity and encourages applications from Indigenous Peoples, women, the LGBTQIA2 community, mature workers, individuals with disabilities, and those from diverse cultural backgrounds.
If you are interested in applying for the entry-level underground miner position to operate haul trucks at the Diavik Diamond Mine with Rio Tinto, please follow the provided link to apply directly with them.
Please note that to be successfully considered for this mining job position, you must complete all pre-screening questions as part of the application process.
Have you joined our exclusive and private Facebook Group? In our Facebook Group, we post camp job updates, answer any questions you might have, and help you find a remote camp job in the oil, gas, mining or construction industry!
We have hundreds of open positions in remote camp jobs in Canada and the United States. For all open job postings, please browse the website and visit our Facebook Page and Twitter. You can also use the search function on this website to look for any available job positions in oil, gas, pipeline, mining, and construction projects.