All kinds of heavy equipment operators are urgently needed for oilsands mining operations in the Wood Buffalo region in Northern Alberta. Flights to and from Fort McMurray is provided for your work shift rotation from Edmonton and Calgary, Alberta. Remote camp accommodations including meals and lodging provided as well.
Two week work rotations which includes days and nights through various project sites in and around Fort McMurray, AB. All heavy equipment operators including,
- Heavy Equipment Operator – Dozer
- Heavy Equipment Operator – Excavator
- Heavy Equipment Operator – Grader
- Heavy Equipment Operator – Haul Truck
- Heavy Equipment Operator – Zoom Boom
- Heavy Equipment Operator – Picker Truck
Fort McMurray First Nation Group of Companies (FMFN Group) is the proud business entity of the Fort McMurray #468 First Nation. FMFN Group has become a leader in providing heavy construction and mining services working directly with their joint partnerships in the Wood Buffalo Region of Northern Alberta.
- 2 years + progressive experience as a Heavy Equipment Operator – Loaders, Dozers (D8+), Graders, Excavators, Haul Trucks, Zoom Boom, Picker Truck and other pieces of heavy equipment. Open Pit Mining experience considered an asset
- Must be able to complete a simulator assessment in Fort McMurray (own expense)
- Ability to access all sites within the area of Fort McMurray Diverse Heavy Equipment experience considered a strong asset
- Excellent understanding of equipment safety and work practices
- Strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to perform routine vehicle maintenance
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work with little supervision; must be self-directed
- Possess a valid drivers license or GDL
- Required Tickets: CSO/BSO
- Ability to pass a physical fit test
- Ability to complete a Drug and Alcohol test
- 3 Year abstract – Anyone with 9 demerits or above require Ops manager approval.
- Suspension OK – Blow Box OK
- Drivers abstract must be current and within 30 days of their start date otherwise resubmit.
Industry competitive pay and benefits including,
- Overtime pay
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
If you are interested in applying as a fly in and fly out remote camp heavy equipment operator with Fort McMurray First Nation Group of Companies, you may email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.