Fly in and fly out mining jobs in Northwest Territories with remote camp accommodations. Diavik Diamond Mine is hiring for entry level haul truck operators for their underground mining operations. This is a great opportunity for entry level heavy equipment operators work and gain experience in a major mining operation in Canada.
As an entry-level haul truck operator at Diavik Diamond Mine, your key responsibilities will include:
- Operating underground haul trucks with precision and efficiency
- Identifying and addressing workplace hazards promptly
- Ensuring adherence to set schedules for underground tasks
- Performing basic maintenance on operating equipment, such as pre-start checks, refueling, lube fill, and washing down
- Fulfilling additional duties and activities as directed by the Underground Supervisor or as required.
You will be working on a two weeks on and two weeks off work rotation, with alternating night and day shifts. The schedule entails 12 hours per shift day. The Diavik Diamond Mine is located at the Lac de Gras mine site in the Northwest Territories.
Diavik Diamond Mine
Diavik Diamond Mine, located in the remote Lac de Gras region of Canada’s Northwest Territories, is a joint venture between Rio Tinto and Dominion Diamond Mines. Established in 2003, the mine is renowned for producing exceptional gem-grade diamonds using advanced open-pit truck and shovel techniques. Alongside its commitment to operational excellence, Diavik places great emphasis on environmental stewardship, wildlife monitoring, and sustainable water management practices.
To be considered for this underground miner role as an entry level haul truck operator at the Diavik mine, you should possess the following qualifications.
- Strong safety mindset, prioritizing safety at all times
- Previous work experience in equipment operation
- Completion of a Heavy Equipment Operators course (considered an asset)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Keenness to work in an Underground mine environment
- Proficiency in reading and understanding manuals and written instructions
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
Diavik Diamond Mine and Rio Tinto value their employees and offer a range of benefits, including:
- A safety-focused work environment
- Career development opportunities for technical or leadership growth
- Competitive compensation
- Access to family-friendly health and medical programs, pension, and savings plans
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Various leaves for vacation, parental responsibilities, and sick leave.
Rio Tinto is a global mining company operating in 35 countries. Their purpose is to provide materials needed for the global energy transition while adhering to low emissions and stringent environmental, social, and governance standards. Rio Tinto promotes diversity and encourages applications from Indigenous Peoples, women, the LGBTQIA2 community, mature workers, people with disabilities, and those from diverse cultural backgrounds.
If you are interested in applying as an entry level underground miner to operate haul trucks at the Diavik Diamond Mine with Rio Tinto, click here to apply directly with them.
Note that, to be successfully considered for this mining job position, you must complete all pre-screening questions as part of the application process.