Suncor is hiring for their mining operations in Fort Hills and Fort McMurray Base Plant. They are looking for Heavy Equipment Operators, Mechanics, Maintenance, Plant Operators, Upgrading Operators, Technicians, Millwright, Health and Safety, and more positions mentioned below.
Suncor Fort Hills is an open-pit truck and shovel mine. It has a life expectancy of approximately 50 years based on current mining plans. For employment at Fort Hills, you will be provided with remote camp accommodations including meals and lodging. You will also have access to fly in and fly out transportation to Fort McMurray from flights hubs in Alberta.
Details on remote camp mining jobs at Suncor Fort Hills Mining Operations.
- You will work out of our camp-based Fort Hills mining site, located in Alberta’s Athabasca region, 90 km north of Fort McMurray, Alberta
- You will either fly to and from work from our Calgary or Edmonton hubs or bus in from Fort McMurray
- The shift schedule is seven days on and seven days off rotation (seven days on, seven days off, seven nights on, seven nights off)
- You will be assigned to 12 hours a day work shifts
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is always required. There are some physically demanding aspects of the job such as operating and climbing on and off the equipment.
Following positions are for Suncor Fort Hills mining operations which include remote camp accommodations and fly in and fly out transportation.
Heavy Equipment Operator
As a Heavy Equipment Operator, you will be responsible for the safe operation of a variety of ultra-class heavy equipment to meet daily production targets at Suncor Fort Hills Mining Operations. At Fort Hills, their fleet include newest and largest equipment in the world including Komatsu 980 E haul trucks, Caterpillar D11 dozers, Caterpillar 24M graders and Komatsu 4100 shovels.
Minimum Requirements for Heavy Equipment Operators include,
- Experience operating cable or hydraulic shovels, excavators, dozers or graders in an open pit mine
- (In your resume provide the type and size of the equipment you have operated and activity you performed while operating the heavy equipment. Please also include your years of service/experience with each company)
- A strong proven safety mindset, extensive safety training and a best-in-class safety record
- A High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) or 10+ years of relevant work experience
- A valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- The ability to concentrate and maintain focus for long periods of time
Fixed Plant Operator
- Minimum requirements for this position include,
- One year of experience in plant operations; experience in heavy oil processing, sour gas processing, water treatment/power plants or refinery operations is preferred
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- A valid driver’s licence and a clean driving record
Other mining job positions at Suncor Fort McMurray Base Plant includes,
- Upgrading Operations
- Extraction Operations
- Mining Operations
- Heavy Equipment Technician
- Health and Safety
If you are interested in applying to one of the remote camp fly in and fly out mining jobs at Suncor or general mining jobs mentioned above at Suncor Fort McMurray Base Plant, click here to fill out and application directly on Suncor Careers website.