This is a great opportunity for labourers and operators with camp accommodations to work on a mining construction project for IAMGOLD Côté Gold Project mine near Gogama, Ontario.
The Côté Gold Project is located in the northeastern Ontario and constructed and operated by IAMGOLD. (64.75% IAMGOLD; 27.75% Sumitomo Metal Mining; 7.5% Other). Côté Gold will be an open-pit mine set to commercially operate in 2023. The project is accessible year round via Highway 144. The Côté Gold properties were assembled through staking and option agreements covering a total area of about 587 km2. Côté Gold is located on Treaty 9 Territory, on the traditional lands of Mattagami First Nation and Flying Post First Nation.
Flying Post Camp and Logistics (FPCL) is a well known construction service provider primary focused on construction for remote workforce housing and modular accommodations, along with site services in the remote work camp industry. They are currently completing a construction project for the IAMGOLD Côté Gold Project and looking for Labourers and operators.
The Côté Gold Project site is a dormitory style accommodations complex with a small gym and laundry facility. Meals are provided, lunches are bagged style and sit-down meal setting for breakfast and supper. Site room and board is supplied by the employer.
Full time work rotation schedule is 14 days on 14 days off with 10 hour work rotations. Pay varies from $27-$36/Hour depending on your prior experience and credentials. Benefits include health care and dental care.
- Service work, renovations, new construction
- Snow removal and road maintenance
- Equipment Operator experience is required
- Grader Operator experience is required
- Follow instructions from supervisors to perform manual labour tasks
- Clean and perform preparation of worksite
- Operate various hand and power tools to complete projects
- Fueling machinery and dewatering site
- Moving materials to the worksite and ensuring all tools, machinery, and other equipment are safely set up and maintained.
- Help with setting up and transferring temporary structures (i.e., scaffolding)
- Additional tasks such as assisting carpenters, welders, painters, or another tradesperson on site
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Valid ticket to operate equipment is required
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience is preferred
- Good communication skills required
- Must be able to work independently and with others
- G Class Driver’s license with clean driving record (abstract required if hired).
- Must be conversant with OHSA regulations and comply with the site safety plan and rules.
If you are interested in applying as a labourer or operator for Flying Post Camp and Logistics at their IAMGOLD Côté Gold Project mine in Ontario, click here to submit your resume and cover letter. Please note that only selected applicants will be contacted for the next step.