Remote camp jobs in British Columbia for kitchen and catering support. Immediate opportunities are available for Second Cooks, serving mining and exploration camps near Dease Lake. 14-days-on, 14-days-off work rotation, generous pay rates, and comprehensive benefits, including full remote camp accommodations with meals and lodging.
As a Second Cook, your primary role is to assist the Head Chef/Cook in various culinary tasks in the remote camp kitchen settings. You will play a vital part in ensuring all meals are served promptly and meet the high-quality standards expected in the camp. Your responsibilities include:
- Preparing daily menu items as per instructions
- Maintaining clean and organized kitchen stations
- Ensuring the cleanliness of food prep areas, equipment, and utensils, adhering to strict sanitation, food safety, and hygiene guidelines
- Monitoring and managing inventory levels
- Following the FIFO (First In, First Out) method to maximize freshness
- Organizing food storage as needed
- Reporting any equipment or utensil malfunctions or deficiencies to the Head Cook
- Collaborating effectively with fellow team members
- Enforcing hygiene and safety standards consistently
In order to qualify as a remote camp second cook, you should possess the following qualifications:
- Previous kitchen experience
- WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System) certification
- Food Safe Training Level 1 certification
Kica Contracting specializes in supporting mining and exploration companies at their sites. As a Second Cook, you will work on-site for two-week shifts, followed by two weeks off at home before starting your next rotation.
If you’re interested in remote work in British Columbia and join Kica Contracting as a Second Cook, follow the link below to apply.
Note that only selected applicants will be contacted for the next phase of the hiring process.