Wondering how to become a big mine truck operator? This is your chance. Teck Resources is hiring for haul truck operators and mine labourers for their coal mining operations in the Elk Valley, British Columbia. With no experience required, this is a chance to start a new career operating some of the world’s largest mining equipment and machinery. Successful candidates will receive comprehensive internal training to kickstart their journey in the mining industry.
- 4 days on, 4 days off rotational schedule – Days and nights shifts
- Entry-level opportunity with no prior experience needed
- Operate haul trucks with capacities ranging from 180 tons to 400 tons
- Permanent employment status available with a competitive compensation package
- Access to annual bonus plans, comprehensive benefits, retirement package, and more
In order qualify for haul truck operator and mine operations labourer jobs at the Tech Resources for their Elk Valley coal mining operations, you must have the following.
- High School Diploma, General Education Development, or five years of relevant work experience.
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license, or equivalent, without any learner’s restrictions.
- Demonstrated ability to stay focused during long hours and adverse weather conditions.
- Strong commitment to safety, including personal safety and that of co-workers.
- Previous experience in heavy equipment operation, industrial settings, or computer literacy will be considered as an asset.
- Must meet pre-employment requirements, including a drug screen, and provide three professional references.
Teck Elk Valley Coal Mining Operations
Teck Resources is a leading mining company in Canada that operates four steelmaking coal mines in the Elk Valley of British Columbia, Canada. These coal mines collectively provide employment to over 4,000 workers in British Columbia, contributing significantly to the regional economy.
Steelmaking coal, also known as metallurgical coal, is a high-quality coal variety used in the steelmaking process. It plays a crucial role in the production of steel, as it is a vital component in the creation of coke, a carbon-rich material utilized to extract iron from iron ore in blast furnaces. The demand for steelmaking coal remains robust, driven by the global steel industry’s needs for steel production.
Teck Resources’ mining operations in the Elk Valley primarily employ an open-pit mining method, where large surface areas are excavated to access the coal reserves. In the past year, Teck Resources’ Elk Valley Coal Mining Operations have demonstrated their productivity by producing an impressive 21.5 million metric tons of steelmaking coal.
Here are the four steelmaking coal mining operations operated by Teck Resources in the Elk Valley of British Columbia:
- Fording River Operations: Located near Elkford, British Columbia, the Fording River Operations is one of the largest coal mines in Canada. It produces high-quality steelmaking coal and employs a substantial workforce to support its mining activities.
- Greenhills Operations: Situated near the town of Elkford, the Greenhills Operations is another significant open-pit coal mine owned and operated by Teck Resources. It contributes to the company’s overall production of steelmaking coal.
- Line Creek Operations: The Line Creek Operations is situated approximately 25 kilometers north of the town of Sparwood. This mine extracts steelmaking coal from vast open-pit reserves, making it an essential part of Teck Resources’ coal production portfolio.
- Elkview Operations: Also located near Sparwood, the Elkview Operations is another major coal mine in the Elk Valley. Its coal reserves are efficiently accessed through open-pit mining methods, further supporting Teck Resources’ significant output of steelmaking coal.
If you are interested in mining jobs in British Columbia at the Elk Valley Coal Mining Operations by Teck Resources, you can submit your application and other documents via here. Note that only selected applicants will be contacted for the next phase of hiring process.