Entry level mining jobs in Alberta for the CST Coal’s Grade Cache Coal Mine. Immediate openings for entry level labourers, utility operators, and plant operator trainees. Great pay and benefits including a living out allowance (LOA) on weekly work rotation basis.
- Competitive hourly rates ranging from $31.84 to $39.19 (Dependent on position)
- 12-hour shifts for 7 days on / 7 days off / 7 nights on / 7 days off rotation
- Extensive benefits including paid vacation, 6% RRSP matching, health and dental care
- Additional perks like a $500 annual Fitness Benefit and $600 Boot and Clothing Allowance
- $500 per month LOA for added convenience
Available coal mining jobs at the Grade Cache Coal Mine include the following positions.
- Utility Operators
- Plant Operator Trainees
Utility Services Operators: Supporting Surface Mine Operations, manage electrical cables for shovels and drills, handle smaller equipment operations, oversee water management pumps, and fulfill various assigned tasks.
Labourers: Collaborate with the Maintenance Department as required, work alongside skilled journeymen tradespeople, and provide assistance as needed. A Class 3 Driver’s License and air brakes certification are assets.
General education, experience, and qualifications include the following.
- Possess at least some high school education, with preference given to grade 12 or GED completion
- Relevant industry courses or on-the-job training in heavy equipment operation, or equivalent practical experience
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Physical fitness to execute labourer tasks at varying heights
- Proven track record of safety compliance and punctuality
- Eagerness to learn and adapt
- Ability to work efficiently under diverse weather conditions
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Prior involvement in heavy equipment operations, labourer, or related industries is advantageous
- Benefit from First Aid/Mine Rescue Training if available
Renowned for its metallurgical coal utilized primarily in steel production, the Grande Cache mine in Alberta is a key asset. Previously owned by the Grande Cache Coal Corporation, CST Coal has taken over as the owner/operator, leading the operation to new heights.
If you are interested in applying to one of the mining jobs at the Grade Cache Coal Mine mentioned above with CST Coal, click here to submit your application. Note that only selected applicants will be contacted for the next phase of hiring process.
Please be aware that remote camp accommodations are not provided for these positions. Candidates must secure a residence, even partially, within the town of Grande Cache throughout their work rotation.
Have you joined our exclusive and private Facebook Group? In our Facebook Group, we post camp job updates, answer any questions you might have, and help you find a remote camp job in the oil, gas, mining or construction industry!
We have hundreds of open positions in remote camp jobs in Canada and the United States. For all open job postings, please browse the website and visit our Facebook Page and Twitter. You can also use the search function on this website to look for any available job positions in oil, gas, pipeline, mining, and construction projects.