Fly in and fly out remote camp jobs for the Cenovus Sunrise Oil Sands Project in north of Fort McMurray, AB. Great pay and benefits including flights and full remote camp accommodations with meals and lodging for 14 days on 14 days off work rotation. Temporary Excavator, Wheel Loader, Bulldozer and Compactor operator positions available.
- Work Schedule: Enjoy a balanced work-life schedule with 14 days on and 14 days off, working 12-hour day shifts.
- Flights and Camp: Flight and camp accommodations are provided from designated hubs in Edmonton and Calgary, Alberta, while local candidates have bus transportation to the site and reside in the camp during their shifts.
- Benefits: Dental care, Disability insurance, Employee assistance program, Extended health care, Life insurance, Paid time off, RRSP match, Vision care, Wellness program
- Salary: Starting from $36.00 per hour
- Permanent Opportunities: Possibility of consideration for a permanent position, if available.
As a landfill equipment operator, you must be able to proficiently operate various equipment, including Excavators, Wheel Loaders, Bulldozers, and Compactors, to service and maintain the landfill.
- Conduct area maintenance tasks such as minor road and pad repairs, snow removal, and litter pickup.
- Perform thorough pre-trip and post-trip inspections on heavy equipment, reporting deficiencies to the immediate supervisor.
- Complete tasks related to leachate level measurements, underdrain sampling, and water sample collection using specialized equipment.
- Receive and sort metal and wood for disposal and prepare for removal from the landfill.
- Maintain the cleanliness and housekeeping of the worksite and equipment.
Landfill equipment operator qualifications for the project at the Cenovus Sunrise Oil Sands include,
- Certification: Certified Landfill Operator in Alberta’s Landfill Operator Certification Program is required.
- Driver’s License: Valid Class 1 or 3 license with airbrake endorsement is necessary.
- Experience: A minimum of three (3) years of commercial driving experience and five (5) years of Excavator and heavy equipment operation experience are required.
- Safety Clearance: Successful completion of driver’s evaluation and mandatory pre-employment drug, alcohol, hearing, and physical abilities testing.
- Work Eligibility: Eligibility to work at all Oil Sand sites within the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo is required.
- Physical Fitness: Must be physically fit to perform all necessary duties of the job.
Cenovus Sunrise Energy Project
The Cenovus Sunrise Energy Project is an oil sands venture situated approximately 60 km northeast of Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada. Nestled between the Imperial Kearl Project to the north and Suncor Firebag to the east, the Sunrise Project is poised to serve as a reliable source of crude oil production for North America for an impressive 40-year period.
This oil sands endeavor has a substantial impact on the job market, generating approximately 1,800 direct construction jobs during its development phase. Once operational, it will sustain an additional 295 jobs, making a valuable contribution to the local and regional economy.
The Sunrise Energy Project is a joint venture between Cenovus Energy and bp, with both companies holding a 50% ownership stake. In June 2022, Cenovus Energy solidified its involvement by acquiring bp’s 50% interest in the Sunrise oil sands project, reaffirming its position in this critical energy initiative.
Moreover, in August 2022, Cenovus Energy further deepened its collaboration with bp by reaching an agreement to acquire the outstanding 50% interest in the Toledo Refinery. These strategic advancements underscore Cenovus Energy’s dedication to long-term growth and sustainable energy solutions.
If you are interested in joining the oil sands team as a Landfill Equipment Operator at the Cenovus Sunrise Oil Sands Project, please follow the corresponding link to apply with Acden Environment. Please note that only candidates selected for preliminary interviews will be contacted.
Have you joined our exclusive and private Facebook Group? In our Facebook Group, we post camp job updates, answer any questions you might have, and help you find a remote camp job in the oil, gas, mining or construction industry!
We have hundreds of open positions in remote camp jobs in Canada and the United States. For all open job postings, please browse the website and visit our Facebook Page and Twitter. You can also use the search function on this website to look for any available job positions in oil, gas, pipeline, mining, and construction projects.